Sunday, July 11, 2010

Change is taking shape


It feels like nothing is normal right now. Everything is changing and in the midst of transition I'm thankful that some of the changes have become more concrete over the past week.

I bought a car. This Corolla was previously owned by a little old lady who managed to put 12,000 miles on it in 7 years. Despite that slow break-in-rate it survived me driving it 6 months worth of miles in four days.   

I made a trip to Minneapolis, my new home. On Thursday morning I met a friend of a friend who was considering me as a potential housemate. Then I visited and applied to the community college I'll be attending this fall. I also attended an informational meeting on the Occupational Therapy program at the U of Minn. I have a lot of work ahead of me. "Rigorous" seemed to be the word of the day. By the time I returned to where I was staying I was exhausted. That seems to be a major side-effect of being in transition.

Saturday morning I walked around Lake Harriet. I will enjoy all the bike trails in Minneapolis. The next stop was getting my living situation confirmed. While it will involve many more changes, it's great to have an address. Now I can start whittling away on the list of things that couldn't really be done without an address even though I won't be moving until sometime in early August. Until then I've been counseled to rest, rest, rest. Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment