Monday, February 21, 2011

Febuary odds and ends

When I woke up in the middle of the night I remembered that I'd forgotten to write here this past weekend. It's not that nothing happened this past week but I guess I don't really have a good story to tell so here's the bullet list of some of the highlights of the past week.
  • Wednesday I finally began jumping through the hoops to volunteer in the therapy department at a nearby hospital. It will be a couple of weeks before I can actually begin since they want to make sure I've never had tuberculosis. Thanks to all my travels, I didn't need any immunizations. I also had my first Chemistry test.
  • Friday I spent an enjoyable afternoon with some of my cousins who live in the area.
  • Saturday I was finally able to land a job. I'll be tutoring for two months trying to help kids who are lagging behind. More details will be coming once I've been through the training this coming Friday and know where I will be placed.
  • Sunday afternoon I played guitar for the first time in church. Afterward I managed to make it home through the snow but had to get out the shovel to be able to get the car into the garage.
  • Today I shoveled. As I was working on the sidewalk out front I noticed a young man trying to clear out behind a van with a brush intended to wipe snow off the car. I walked over and offered him my shovel which he gladly took. His mother was very grateful.

1 comment: