Sunday, June 19, 2011

One Crazy Week

Last week was the first week I missed writing here without a good excuse and it was Friday before I had time to do more than check my email. Last weekend was filled with packing up my things and Sunday I moved in with a couple from church who graciously offered to let me stay with them until July 1st when I can move into a new apartment.

On Tuesday my Biology class started. The professor introduced himself and then asked us to tell why we were in the class. When I explained that I needed biology so I could take anatomy he said he thought I was in the wrong class and I should be next door. Maybe I should have gotten up right then. Wednesday I confirmed with an adviser that yes, I was signed up for the wrong class. I needed Biology 1001 not 1000. I was able to get out of the 1st class but needed a signature from the new professor and the dean of the science department to get into the new one. I didn't have time to do any of that on Wednesday and the professor wasn't on campus anyway. So once I was done with my math class on Thurs morning I parked myself outside the professor's office and waited for her to come. She was more than gracious and let me in despite there not really being a spot. I was able to make up part of the lab I had missed earlier in the week and I don't feel too far behind in lecture since most of what they had covered the 1st day was review from Chemistry class. Once I got home on Thurs evening I still had to study for the weekly Friday morning math test. Needless to say, I was glad when Friday afternoon rolled around and I could take a little slower pace. This week promises to be just as busy - minus the stress of making sure I'm in the right class.

I capped off the week today by going to a Twins game with my brother and his family. It was a good game with the Twins pulling out the win in the 9th inning. My 8 year-old niece was really hoping they would score so it wouldn't go into extra innings. Her attention span had been exceeded and she was wishing she had brought a book.

1 comment:

  1. "Her attention span had been exceeded and she was wishing she had brought a book." --Sounds like many Hibma women I know!!!
    We were wondering why Lanna was not at camping with her dad this weekend and now I know why.
    Hope you have a nice week, Alice.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete