Sunday, May 20, 2012

Work continues

This week was much like last except I wasn't so tired. I guess my body adjusted to the extra hours of work. The temp work at a title company continues to be pretty monotonous. There are 25 to 30 of us in a large room taking boxes of files from one wall, processing the files, putting them into another box and stacking along another wall. I'd like to know how many staples I've removed in the last two weeks. When we first started there wasn't much talking. The last few days there is a steady hum of conversation. For a couple of days I sat next to a young man who liked to talk to pass the time - not that he worked very hard otherwise. I've also listened to quite a few podcasts including some talks by Os Guinness and Radio Lab, a radio program that explores different topics from a scientific point of view. It is almost always interesting and the banter between the two hosts can be quite humorous. I have several meals prepared for this week so I'm hoping I can do something besides work, fix food and sleep.

I'm looking forward to a trip to Indianapolis next weekend for a wedding so I need to be well rested for the drive and the opportunity to be with friends I haven't seen in a while. More on that story in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment