Sunday, August 26, 2012

Last minute details

After two years of working on prerequisites I will officially begin the occupational therapy program on the Tuesday after Labor Day. I'm looking forward to getting started. This week my major goal was to finish all the-beginning-of-the-semester-at-a-new-school details. I managed to figure out what books I will need and used a great website http://www5.bigwords.com/ to find the best deals and ordered those. By Friday most of them had been delivered.

I also made two trips to the U of Minn campus. It is only about 20 minutes away by bike from where I live which is convenient. I managed to find my way around the corner of campus where I will be spending most of my time despite the major street through campus being completely torn up due to light rail construction. I was thankful that most new students have not yet arrived so I didn't have to endure any long lines (though I had taken a book along just in case.) I delivered my final prerequisite transcript and my immunizations record, obtained my student ID card, bought the one textbook that was actually cheaper at the campus bookstore than online and went through steps 1 and 2 of a TB test. Along the way I was given a Minnesota Gopher sweatshirt. I accepted it but I'm not sure I can bring myself to actually wear it. I wouldn't have an issue with any other school in the state but as an Iowa Hawkeye, I just can't imagine wearing Gopher colors.

I'm spending the last week of summer with my family in Iowa. Besides not having to get up at 4:15 for a week, I'm looking forward to riding my bike on the quiet country roads in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment