Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ready or not...

I arrived in Fergus Falls yesterday and am enjoying a beautiful sunny day while remaining inside during the sub-zero temperatures. It took me several days to find things when I arrived at my parents a couple of weeks ago so I knew I needed some time to unpack and find a home for everything in my new location. I am staying with some friends of our family who have given me the run of their basement. I spent yesterday evening getting settled in. Hopefully I can remember where I put everything.

Tomorrow morning I start in on 12 weeks of fieldwork. I'm looking forward to it but not exactly sure what to expect. This first week will be mainly orientation beginning in the Human Resources office. We have some assignments to do: a weekly journal posting, the presentation of a literature search done to answer a clinical question, and the ever-present final reflection paper and evaluations. But the main idea is to gain the experience to carry a full case load by the end. It seems like a rather tall order but with some guidance from my supervisor it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment