Monday, July 7, 2014

Flatness


My day began at 5:25. That is actually a little late since we are to have our bags out to the trailer BEFORE breakfast which is at 6:00. And since I'm on the breakfast clean-up crew this week, I really should be eating breakfast a bit before everyone else. After a bowl of oatmeal and a banana I helped fill water coolers and get all the tubs/bins and ice chests out to the vans. Our group moves pretty quick and we were pulling out of the parking lot at 6:50 headed for Parkston, SD.

Our ride was rather uneventful. Once we headed west from Tea, the roads were flat except for an occasional river that brought a change in the scenery. Somewhere around mile 27 we went through the town of Parker and that was the last non-cornfield-bathroom available for the day. However we did pass 16 miles from Scotland.


I felt quite good today though my quad reminded me that it is not yet 100%. I was able to get out of the saddle and pedal a few strokes without major pain which is progress.

Our ride seemed quite short today and I pulled into our destination about 12:30. Still it was glad to pull in and park my bike in the hallway with the others. Showers were a block away at the Wellness Center which also included a pool and whirlpool. We put all three to good use. The whirlpool felt awesome.


Two days ago we had a pile of at least 50 bananas. They are now all gone and the van that made a trip back to Sioux Falls to the nearest bike shop is to pick up a bunch more. It would be interesting to know how many jars of peanut butter and how many bananas this bunch eats over the course of the nine weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment