Sunday, September 26, 2010

Enjoying Fall

After several weeks of gray, rainy and cool weather it was really nice to see the sun come up this morning and even better to see that there isn't a drop of rain in the 10-day forecast.  It was still cool (44°) this morning but sunshine makes a difference.  This afternoon I biked along the river and enjoyed two of the things I like about Minneapolis.  One is trees.  Having grown up on the prairie there just aren't many trees and the few that brave the prairie winds aren't usually very colorful in the fall.  But along the river here there are many trees.  In fact, on most of my ride, those trees hide the river.  Most of the trees haven't begun turning but the ones that have are bright red.  The second thing I enjoy is all the bike trails.  They not only go around lakes and along both sides of the river but also crisscross the city in different places.  These trails are well used as there are bikers of all kinds everywhere.  Because there are so many bikes, cars are used to looking out for them.  It's no wonder that Minneapolis ranks as one of the most bike friendly cities in the US.  Weather permitting I ride my bike to school but I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the sunny weather and doing some more exploring of the trails.  I may even load my bike in the car and go find some country roads so I can enjoy some cornfields.  I do miss those.

Classes are going well.  I've had at least one test in every class and have done fine.  It's taken a while for the brain cells to remember how to study but it is getting better.  I also had a job interview this week with a company that provides home care for those who need help with shopping, cooking, housework and laundry.  They couldn't offer me a job but if something comes up in my area that fits the hours I'm available they will give me a call. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday this week! There should be a way to connect directly with people who need those services. An agency provides the consumer with a filter of sorts, but will need a large chunk of the cash for their overhead. I'm thinking of Ernie, of course. -v

    ReplyDelete