Sunday, January 9, 2011

Friends both old and new

I spent this week working on things that have gotten pushed to the bottom of the list for too long.  It was exciting stuff like getting caught up on my finances, organizing my files and doing some correspondence.  Since I didn't have any classes this week I also took some time to get together with friends both old and new. 

Monday I spent the day with a friend from college where we had played basketball together for 3 years.  She ended up in Africa and I in France.  Both of us returned to the US last summer and are living in Minnesota.  It's a small world.  And it was good to finally meet her husband and four children.  Yesterday another college friend called from California and today I talked with a friend from France on Skype.   I also got together with two people I've just met this fall.  As I was telling one of them about some of my different friends from the different places and time periods of my life her response was, "You have an interesting life!" I was rather taken aback since that isn't usually how I describe my life but it did cause me to pause and ponder.  I miss being with old friends and it seems that new friendships are forming rather slowly but I am thankful for both.  I'm glad that I'm still in contact with people from all periods of my life.  It is a blessing and it does lead to an interesting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment