Sunday, September 9, 2012

First week of class

This morning at church a friend asked me what classes I was taking. My eyes immediately glazed over as I said, "I don't know. I have six classes and they all have something to do with occupational therapy," as my stack of books can attest. Evidently we will be using those thick ones for several semesters.

It's been an intense week. I got started on the online portion of my classes on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday I was in class and orientation all day. Friday I studied until almost 11 pm and was up at 5:30 to work security at the Gopher football game. By the time I got home at 3:30 I was beyond tired but I still managed to work on one of my classes until I had to write something of substance. At that point I quit and headed for bed.

The students who are a year ahead of us informed us that this was a writing intensive semester. I don't even want to count how many essays or papers I've written this week but I did finish them all before the Sunday midnight deadline. I don't usually do homework on Sunday but I had no choice this time around. I was elated to find that the last list of things to do isn't actually due until Wednesday. In that case, it can wait for tomorrow. I hope to get all of next week's work done by Friday evening now that I have a better idea for how it all works. As the semester goes on I'll fill you in on my classes as I get a better handle on them myself. But since there is no word count on this blog post and nobody is going to comment on my critical thinking I can end here and head for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment