Sunday, October 7, 2012

A day of refreshment

I felt worn down and tired most of the week. For various reasons I didn't get to bed on time all week. By Thursday evening I was tired enough to be asleep shortly after 7:30 despite hearing the conversations of over 20 people eating together downstairs. My cohort has a Facebook page and several people commented on their low level of motivation on Friday. The only thing that helped me push through on Friday was the promise of a Saturday with nothing I HAD to do. One of my housemates was gone and the other would be at work most of the day so I could look forward to plenty of time and space to myself.

Once I got home from work about 7:30, the whole day stretched before me. I got out my guitar and played for awhile. I talked on Skype with a couple of friends. Around noon I decided it wouldn't be getting any warmer and went for a short run. My housemates often comment on how much time I spend at my desk. They leave the house, returning four hours later and are concerned to see me in the same position as when they left. While I have gone downstairs a time or two, I do feel the need to move. This week I decided that I must have time to at least go for a run three times a week. During the afternoon I watched some football, did a load of laundry, napped for an hour and talked to Mom. I did have to finish up a diagram for one of my classes but did that while watching TV. By the time evening rolled around, I felt refreshed and once again ready to face the world. As an added bonus I don't have to face my desk until Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment