Monday, October 1, 2012

Birthday

After spending a week at my desk I was delighted to get out and enjoy the beautiful fall weather we had this weekend. My parents came on Saturday along with my niece, Elizabeth and my sister-in-law. While the others went shopping, Dad and I went to see Bethel's football game where one of my cousins plays. It was too close of a game for him to get in but it was a fun game to watch from our vantage point of ground level on about the 10 yard line. Bethel managed to pull out a one point win to remain undefeated. Afterwards we drove to Hudson, WI where we strolled along the St Croix River and ate at Pier 500, a restaurant with some really good food. It was declared to be a special event since we actually got dessert.

As I was planning the weekend, I did not at all expect for us to spend Sunday afternoon visiting an uncle in the hospital. Uncle Paul, one of my dad's brothers, was in a combine fire last week. Besides the burns on his back and arms, he has a broken leg from jumping out of the combine. It's quite a story about how he was able to roll away from the combine before it exploded and his trip on the hood of a car to get to where an ambulance could pick him up. He is being treated at a hospital in St Paul. For those of you who know him or want more info you can follow his journey at his caring bridge site. Recovering from burns is a long process but right now it is his leg that is hurting him the most. He was sleeping when we visited but we were glad to visit with his family members and meet his newest little granddaughter.

I ended my birthday celebrations Sunday evening by eating at an Indian restaurant with a good friend. Now it's back to my desk and my assignments for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment