Sunday, October 30, 2011

Study, study, study

Here's some random happenings from the week.
  • To get a badge to work at the airport I attended a 2 hour class on security issues. I am not tell you what we learned - even though I really didn't learn anything that isn't common knowledge or common sense. At the end however, I received that badge and I'll be sure to follow the rules so I don't have to sit through the class again.
  • I was assigned to a spot with a good view of the field at the Iowa-Minnesota game on Saturday. No matter what Coach Ferentz says, there is a different energy in the stadium and on the field when Iowa comes to town. Next time Iowa better consider that game as being the one that makes or breaks their season or Minnesota will keep Floyd of Rosedale (who, for the uninitiated, is the bronze pig traveling trophy that goes to the winner of the Iowa-Minnesota football game each year.) 
  • I met a man who played football for the University of Minnesota in the 1940s. He told me that he had played on the offensive line at 185 pounds. The size of linemen have changed drastically since than.
  • Most of the rest of my week was spent studying. I have one test tomorrow and two on Tuesday. Two of the three are in Anatomy. My mind is full of the names of muscles, blood vessels, and nerves. Quick who can name the 12 cranial nerves and also identify them on a model of the brain? I still have some work to do to be ready for that last part. I talked with a nurse this evening who had recently been going through her notes from Anatomy class more than 5 years ago. She only remembers what she actually uses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment